(Thanks to Marie-Anne)
Call to order 7:07
Six in attendance at the Jay Community Center.
- Balance is $342. Postcards cost $581, ECDC contributed $200. $50 donation in kind to the Jay News (thanks, Knut!)
- Discussion of election results. Tim Follos filled us in on the Wilmington campaigns. There will be a hand recount for Supervisor, Laura Dreissigacker Hooker handily won a Town Council position and Randy Winch lost his attempt for Town Council.
- Notes from the October 31 Essex County Democratic Committee (ECDC) meeting.
- The ECDC offered to pay for PO boxes for the committees.
- New committees are being encouraged for Chesterfield and for Newcomb.
- Family court judge Meyer will retire at the end of 2024. This is a county-level position and we expect a Democrat to campaign for it.
- No December ECDC meeting.
- Town of Wilmington update. Tim Follos thanks us for our support of his campaign and reported about his use of poll watchers, the recount, his continued tenure on the Wilmington Town Board
- Town of Jay update. Budget meetings, Highway department, Water and Sewer compliance
- The Au Sable River Business Association is having an event at Tahawus Center on Nov 30 at 6 pm. Nicole Justice Green, Pride of Ticonderoga will speak
- Brian Rouleau, Working Families Party candidate for Congress (NY21) was invited to speak to us…no response (update: He will join us for January’s Zoom meeting.)
- Reminder to communicate with elected representatives
- Elise Stefanik: (202) 225-4611
- Dan Stec: (518) 743-0968
- Billy Jones: (518) 562-1986
- No December meeting, next JWDC meeting will be January 8, via Zoom.
Frank Pagano, JWDC Chair