Some notes from last night’s meeting
- Essex County BoE is planning on ballot-on-demand printing for the early voting sites for primary and general elections. This will greatly improve the Inspector’s process for early voting.
- Marisol is updating the ECDC website to be more functional, informative and visually appealing. Expect a release soon!
- The inaugural Pints and Politics held in February at the Deer’s Head in Elizabethtown was a success. The next one is March 9 at 5:30pm at the Brew House in Ray Brook, across from Tail o’ the Pup.
- We are encouraged to sign the Judicial Delegate Petition for the 115th AD. I’ll get more details and forward it to the committee.
- We discussed the NY State Democratic Party leadership. I will update last year’s letter our committee sent to the Governor, in which we called for the resignation of the party leadership, and advocate for reform.
- All were encouraged to view the film, “Summoned“, a biography of Frances Perkins, a female New Deal pioneer. Historians credit her with inspiring FDR to advocate for revolutionary policies such as Social Security.