Agenda for June 19, 2023 J&WDC Meeting
- Minutes from the JWDC May meeting (attached)Notes from the Essex County Democratic Committee (ECDC) May meeting:
- 23 Zoom attendees.
- The Board of Elections has a full time (37.5 hrs/week) opening for an election clerk/voting machine technician. The hourly rate is $23.52/hr and includes benefits such as health insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation and NY state pension (see attachment for more info).
- The June 27 Democratic primary affects Westport, Elizabethtown and North Hudson only. Republicans will choose a county clerk and Conservatives will choose their judicial candidate.
- More discussion regarding petitioning and the potential benefits of using the caucus system to choose candidates.
- The new ECDC website is live!
- Treasurer’s report (attached, $552.05 balance).
• Communications projects. The ECDC website has been upgraded. Check it out.
• Town of Wilmington update: Town hall meeting with candidates Tim Follos and Laura Dreissigacker-Hooker at UJAC on July 1.
• Town of Jay update: Jay Day, August 19.
• Primary and General Election Candidates:
o Jay: Town Council (unopposed) – Olivia Dwyer (D) and Tom McDonald (R), Town Justice (unopposed) – Pat Devlin (R).
o Wilmington: Town Supervisor – Tim Follos (D) and Favor Smith (I), Town Council – Laura Dreissigacker-Hooker (I), Darin Forbes (R), Michelle Preston (I), Forest Winch (I), Assessors (unopposed) – Alphonso Smith (R) and Devan Korn (I)
o Essex County: County Clerk, June 27 Primary – Stephanie DeZalia (R) and Chelsea Merrihew (R).
- Upcoming Pints and Politics monthly gatherings.
- Election inspectors are needed – especially Republicans. 2023 Primary Election (for Republicans only in the Towns of Jay and Wilmington is June 27. Contact the BoE at 518-873-3474 if interested, more info here. Early voting is June 17 – June 25 as follows:
Saturday, June 17:(9:00am-5:00pm)
Sunday, June 18:(9:00am-5:00pm)
Monday, June 19:(12:00pm-8:00pm)
Tuesday, June 20:(9:00am-5:00pm)
Wednesday, June 21:(12:00pm-8:00pm)
Thursday, June 22:(9:00am-5:00pm)
Friday, June 23: (9:00am-5:00pm)
Saturday, June 24:(9:00am-5:00pm)
Sunday, June 25:(9:00am-5:00pm)
Early Voting will take place at the Lake Placid Beach House, 31 Parkside Dr, Lake Placid, NY.
- Reminder to communicate with elected representatives Especially ask Stefanik, 202-225-4611, where she stands regarding her support for Trump, post-federal indictment.
- Discussion on guests to invite to future meetings
- Jay Candidate Forum will be in mid-October.
- Next JWDC meeting is proposed to be July 17 at the Jay Community Center.Frank Pagano, JWDC Chair